Boils (Local Inflammation of the Skin)
Boils are localized, tender, inflamed skin (swelled skin) filled with pus and the area surrounding it turns red. They are very painful particularly in the area where the skin is closely attached to the underlying tissues, such as the nose, ears or fingers. The common sites for boils are the face, neck, butts and thighs. More commonly it tends to attack teenagers and young adults.
Home Remedies for Boils
- Apply garlic or onion juice externally on boils to help ripen them, break them and evacuate the pus.
- You can also mix equal quantities of garlic & onion juices and apply it on the boils for beneficial results.
- Eating two to three pods of garlic during meal will also bring a good result.
- Cumin seeds are beneficial in healing the boils. Grind the seeds in water so as to form a paste and then apply on the boil-affected area.
- Take 1 teaspoon of milk cream and add ½ teaspoon vinegar and a pinch of turmeric powder to it. Apply it on the blood filled boils.
- Home Remedy for blood-filled boils: Take one cup fresh juice of bitter gourd and add one teaspoon lime juice to it. Consume this mixture empty stomach in the morning on a daily basis.
Note: Always keep your nails away from boils.