Common cold is a problem that is faced by almost everyone and not once but many times in a year. It usually lasts for a period between three to ten days.
Common Cold Home Remedies
- Turmeric is an effective remedy for colds and throat infections. Take ½ a tsp of turmeric powder and mix it with 1 glass of warm milk. This should be done and taken twice a day.
- Take one glass of warm water and pour 1 lemon juice and a tsp of honey in it and consume it once or twice on a daily basis. Lemon can be used effectively to treat common cold, as it increases the body resistance, decreases toxicity and reduces the duration of the illness.
- Put 2-3 drops of salt water in your nose in the morning and before going to bed. Salt keeps the nasal passage moist; the saline solution also helps thin the mucous so you can get rid of it at regular intervals.
- Take 1 tbsp of pepper powder and boil it in a cup of milk. Also add on a pinch of turmeric to it. Put some sugar for taste. Drink it once in a day for about three days.
- Boil half a bowl of water, add few drops of eucalyptus oil and inhale the steam.
- Have lots of liquids like tea, soups, etc, daily. This will replace important fluids lost during the cold and help flush out impurities.