Acidity Home Remedies
1. Consume a small piece of jaggery after having all three meals and see what wonders it can do to keep acidity away.
2. Drink a glass of lemon juice before each meal, it will help relieve acidity.
3. Chew 8-10 pudina leaves (fresh mint leaves) early in the morning on an empty stomach for one month. Having raw onions along with your meals will also keep acidity at bay.
4. Take a cup of water and boil it. Add 1 tsp of Aniseed (Saunf) to the water and leave it overnight. On the next morning, filter the water and add 1 tsp of honey to it. Drink it thrice a day and bid goodbye to acidity.
5. Take about 1-½ liters of water and add 1 tsp Caraway seeds (shah jeera) to it. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Drink it while warm at least 2-3 times a day for 5-6 days.
6. A glass of kokum sherbet with little jeera (cumin seeds) added to it helps relieve acidity.
7. Chew 7-8 basil (tulsi leaves) leaves to get relief from acidity and gas.
8. Eat a serving of cucumber or watermelon 4-5 times in a day.
9. Drink coconut water 3-4 times in a day.
10. Take a glass of warm water, add a pinch of hing (asafoetida) and have it every morning.
11. Take a glass of water, add a pinch of baking soda and drink it at one go. It gives immediate relief.
Tip: Avoid too much tea, coffee, fried and fermented food as they stimulate acid production.